Wanderlust

I love travelling! My first travel was when I was 11 years old to Greece, and I went there alone on a children's camping for 2 weeks! Ever since, I saved up money and traveled with every chance I got!

So far I've been to 23 countries, but there's still so much more to see and discover!

So here's a list of the countries I visited, with chronological order, and then a map (from amcharts.com).

 Cyprus - Κύπρος:  
My country! Born and raised to this gorgeous island in the eastern Mediterranean! A small island with great landscape variety, culture, beautiful beaches, smiley people and delicious food!
Must Visit: Nissi Beach, Lefkara, Omodos, Troodos, Akamas, Kourion...and basically everything!

 Greece - Ελλάδα: 
First time there when I was 11 years old! This is the country I traveled to the most times, as I was also living there for about 6 years! I mean if you haven't been to Greece you are missing out! One of my favorite countries in the world.
Fave Places: Hydra island, the Parthenon, ancient Olympia, Parga, Nissaki Ioanninon

 Lebanon - لبنان‎:
First time when I was 15 years old, and I went there because I participated in a Judo tournament and won the gold medal! Visited Beirut, Jounieh, and Tripoli. I'm pretty sure I was a Lebanese in a previous life! I just love everything about this land.
Fave Places: Statue of Harissa

 Italy - Italia: 
First time was in Milan, and then I traveled to Italy like 5 more times! Visited Milan, Florence, Verona, Venice, Como, amazing Sicily, Cinque Terre, Bergamo, Padua, Bologna, Peschiera di Garda...
Fave Places: Cefalu, Taormina, Furci Siculo

 Malta: 
Just one time so far. I traveled there with my sister and it was April. Beautiful country with rich history, scenery and food!
Fave Places: Valetta, Mdina

 Austria - Österreich : 
Traveled there 2 times and loved it! Been to Vienna, Villach, Hallstatt, Zell Am See, Salzburg. The scenery is beyond gorgeous! It was like travelling in a postcard!!
Fave Places: Hallstatt, Zell Am See

 Czechia - Česko : 
Only traveled there once and it was in Brno! Quite beautiful, green, gothic architecture and lots of quality beer!
Fave Places: Špilberk Castle

 Spain - España: 
Traveled there 5 times and every time I'm falling in love! I want to live in Spain! Been to Granada, Ronda, Madrid, Alicante, Valencia, Barcelona.
Fave Places: Every city is truly unique! But I really liked Barcelona as a whole!

 Belgium - België - Belgique - Belgien: 
Traveled there 3 times. If you go to Belgium get out of Brussels and start exploring all the other cities and villages! Been to Brussels, Leuven and Brugge.
Fave Places: Brugge by far!

 Thailand - ราชอาณาจักรไทย:
Went there once in 2012. What a beautiful, exotic country! Amazing islands, scenery, food, very friendly people, colours and flavours! Visited Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya. I'll be back soon!
Fave Places: The whole island of Phuket!

 France:
Only been to France, specifically to Paris, once! I had a lay-over flight in Paris and took advantage of the 3 hours gap between flights to have a glimpse of the city. Didn't see much, but the little I saw left me in awe and in a great desire to return and experience as much as possible!
Fave places: it's a cliché, but the Eifel Tower.

 The Netherlands - Nederland:
Been there twice. The first time was a quick tour in Amsterdam. Second time, was a longer tour in Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans, Volendam, Marken... It's a very interesting country with proud, friendly people who are eager to show you their history and delicacies.
Fave Places: Zaanse Schans!


 Turkey - Türkiye:
Only been to Istanbul once for a kurash tournament. Unfortunately I didn't win anything. It was only 3 days and I mostly spend them in the stadium, and didn't really see much of the city.
Fave Places: The old buildings and neighborhoods of the city.

 Germany - Deutschland:
Been to Germany 3 times so far. To Berlin, Würzburg, München and Lindau. Very interesting country, easy to explore and always with good memories.
Fave Places: picturesque Lindau and Berlin's night scene!

 Switzerland - Helvetia - Schweiz - Suisse:
Been there once, and thought I died and went to heaven! Probably one of the most beautiful countries in the world! The majestic Alps, the green valleys, the little cottages, the scenery in general, is a once in a lifetime experience. Been to Zürich and Luzern.
Fave Places: driving views everywhere!

 Japan - 日本:
OMG! Loving this country so much! It felt like I was transferred to a parallel universe where everything is so much better! Amazing temples, lush nature, tasty food, tradition and modernity, friendly people and so much more! Been to Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Tokyo and Kamakura. I will be back for more!
Fave Places: Kyoto as a whole (and Fushimi Inari)

 Hungary - Magyarország:
I didn't know what to expect when I visited Hungary, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It's just a beautiful country everywhere you look. The architecture, the nature, the easy going way of the locals and the gentle summer vibes. Visited Budapest and Szentendre.
Fave Places: probably the town of Szentendre. Too good to be true! Worth a day trip there.

 Kazakhstan - Қазақстан:
I went there once to participate to Qazaq Kuresi (a form of central Asian wrestling) world championship tournament. Unfortunately I didn't do well, and I'd like to congratulate my Kazakh and Georgian opponents for their amazing skills. I've been to Astana (Nur-Sultan now). What really astonished me was the almost Siberian landscape, so barren of nature, yet the people there created this futuristic city. Very weird vibes that left me with the curiosity to return and explore more.
Fave Places: Khan Shatyr architecture.

 Mexico - México:
I mean words are not enough to describe my experience there. I went for 2 weeks to visit my Mexican friends. The people there are so hospitable and friendly that I felt like being with family! The vibes of this country are extraordinary. Rich history, landscapes, tradition and culture, incredible food and a dynamic spirit of the locals! If you go, find some locals and spend time with them to truly experience what this country is about! Been to Mexico City, Cuernavaca, Tepoztlán, Merida, Tulum.
Fave Places: God everything...from the surprises in the streets of the capital, to the indigenous vibes of Tepoztlán, the exoticness of Yucatan, the views of Chichen Itza and so much more!
Check my post about Mexico here!

 Latvia - Latvija:
Been to this country in a January. I don't remember been more cold in my life. Probably the northest I've traveled too. Been to Riga and Jūrmala. It was a beautiful winter scenery, however I wasn't particularly impressed. Maybe if I traveled on summertime it would have been better for me.
Fave places. The snowy beach of Jūrmala! Never thought I'll see snow reaching the waves, as I come from an all-sun place.

 Denmark - Danmark: 
Been to Copenhagen for a few days and I was particularly impressed! A modern yet classic city with cool, easy going vibes. The locals are so zen or hygge there, that is impressive. It's a very beautiful city, cool architecture and in general a place worth visiting.
Fave places: Nyhavn

 Sweden - Sverige:
I only been to Malmö on a day trip from Copenhagen, so I only saw a little bit of the tip of Sweden. A nice, Scandinavian city, relaxed, with beautiful views, with little surprises to discover just by walking around in the city. I will visit Sweden again to see more!
Fave Places: Malmö Saluhall :D

 Israel - יִשְׂרָאֵל‎:
Been to my neighbor country last year and got really impressed. It's a country full of contradictions. You can see the biblical landscapes and monuments and be filled with awe, the extreme similarities with my country, especially in the people's faces, mannerisms, in culture and food, the vibrant life of Tel Aviv, the refreshing openness of gay life, some injustices, hospitality and a warm feeling after leaving. Been to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
Fave Places: old city of Jaffa, and Jerusalem back in time travelling.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου